Trident: Part 1 by BioPlague

The machine hummed as we floated past the south side of the hanger...Titan had considerable forces along the ridge and we were in for a fight...but I was ready.

"I got bogies all over!" screamed my gunner as I heard the autoloader locking a shell into place...

"Fire at will!" I replied...which was immediately followed by the dull whooshing sound of the 120mm HE sheel cascading through the barrel towards it's first target.

KABOOOM! the sound of the 120mm shell pierced the silence and was answered by multiple shots from various areas and weapon types from all around us...

"Keep it trained on the ridge" I said, pointing the hull machinegunner towards the main part of Hill102...I could see friendly foot soldiers pounding up behind us so I tried to manuever into the bulk of the automatic rifle fire to cver them till they were in position.

"Enemy Salamander 12 o'clock." came the crackle over my intercom from the hull gunner causing me to wheel about to face the new threat.

Whoosh! another HE round escaped the barrel followed by screams as Titan troops vaporized in it's wake...

The first plasma bolt jolted us sharply to our port side and I readjusted to give the main gunner better aim from around the rocks and boulders that covered the canyon floor...

"Use the sabot sarge!" I screamed which was answered by the almost silent escape of the silvery projectile as it sped it's way towards the Salamander which had us fully targetted and was heading south towards us at it's top speed.

"Fire it again!" I demanded, and the sarge complied...along with a law rocket from a foot soldier standing to our starboard.

The armor of the salamander crumbled from the sabot and law rocket, and the resulting explosion created from the dying behomoth blew several titan rebels to pieces...

"We are going to win this battle" I thought to myself when suddenly my thoughts were interupted by the crackeling of the intercom...

"This is T sarge on 102...need support now...what the..." His intercom suddenly crackeled and fell silent as I saw a huge explosion emminate from where they must have been standing.

I could see the blip on the radar but could not make out the shape coming down the south road from Titan base.

"What the hell is that thing?" I would soon find out.

Back
Next