Increase death timer

This forum contains discussions related to RPG style gametypes.

Moderator: Burnt

Increase the length of time after dying before respawning?

Yes
27%
No
73%

Total votes: 11

ChrisP

Increase death timer

Post by ChrisP » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:52 pm

Because it's dumb to see boner (Germany) with his RR MPAC, or any RR MPAC, one shot people, absorb damage for 30 seconds, die and be back in 8 seconds or whatever.

This would cut down on the whole "Fight awesome close fight to the death, win having low health left, spend 5 seconds around the area and guy comes back and avenges himself easily" that makes the zone basically a joke jerk-off fest.

edit: poll added
Last edited by ChrisP on Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Burnt
Zone Developers

Re: Increase death timer

Post by Burnt » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:56 pm

yes, lets slow down the pace of one of the slowest paced zones. nevermind the basing balance but just the sheer boredom the arbitrary downtime causes.

(read: no)
There is a place where the losers win
A port of call for desperate men
It is known by many names
We come and go but it remains
Nobody cares, nobody cries
if you're scared or if you die
That's the way it goes
You should know...

ChrisP

Post by ChrisP » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:01 am

Well, thanks for the prompt reply.

I don't see any issues with basing balance with this. You'd just have to kill the engineer.

mytrollalias

Post by mytrollalias » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:07 am

I agree, also base sts might work b/c it lets you warp out and heal again to 1v1 at full. I know you guys r gonna cry about it but sts is easily countered by a teammate with teleport disruptor. But he has a valid point, since people usually fight right where the warp is, people can abuse spawn attacking.

Germany
Supreme Cum Chugger

Post by Germany » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:12 am

makin nerds so angry

ChrisP

Post by ChrisP » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:15 am

Germany wrote:makin nerds so angry
You repugnant troll...

ayb
Moral Support

Post by ayb » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:52 pm

td doesnt stop people from warping (attaching) to the person you're 1v1ing

mytrollalias

Post by mytrollalias » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:25 am

I agree, also base sts might work b/c it lets you warp out and heal again to 1v1 at full. I know you guys r gonna cry about it but sts is easily countered by a teammate with teleport disruptor. But he has a valid point, since people usually fight right where the warp is, people can abuse spawn attacking.

I was talking about base sts obv.

thebobp3
Zone Developers

Post by thebobp3 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:47 pm

in an arena size of 15 how many of them do you think carries teleport disrupter? now what are the odds your teammate will have one when your chasing one tryhard guy who tele's away cause he's too concerned about his ratio/bty. psst if you dont hang around the spawn the 'spawn attack abuse' wont affect you.

mytrollalias

Post by mytrollalias » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:15 pm

You're missing the point, one of the reasons why half the arena in spec in RPG is because if they try and solo or get stuck with bad teammates, its almost guaranteed death, seven-fold more so without base tele. The raping may subside with an increased death timer since people have to wait longer to run to the middle or unit tele. Practically all of the fighting goes on in the middle, don't even go there.

I'd say EOL is shitty but everyone who still plays it is too biased to see that. Just for the sake of argument though, cash isn't an issue here when TD costs less than some sensors, TD only weighs 2kg meaning it can easily be swapped out with a pistol or knife. You sound really biased for this zone thebobp have you even played it for more than a few minutes after each update?