IRPG: Partisan

This forum contains discussions related to RPG style gametypes.

Moderator: Burnt

Burnt
Zone Developers

IRPG: Partisan

Post by Burnt » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:08 pm

Back when Yankee was fucking around with Eol, he had a good bit of content ideas (classes, psionic unlocks, etc). One of them was partisan.

Partisans are civilians that take up arms and fight. These people are like rebels, freedom fighters, guerrillas, separatists, etc. They are basically you and I. For most, that means no access to advanced weaponry, no real training, small arms, repurposed weapons and the like.

What Im thinking for partisans is they will be a light armored, fast, mobile class with low tech common weapons and weapons the military wouldnt use typically. Think FF from CT. It has molotovs, old bolt actions, shotguns, etc. It has oddity weapons like boomerangs too. It can also be the terrorist class, with remote explosives, ied's, chemical traps, suicide vests, etc.

Same concept here.

Looking at a class that will be light, but no real tech options. Instead of getting access to generators, sensors, powersources, etc it will have low tech alternatives.

If you got content ideas that fit this sort of class, post em.
There is a place where the losers win
A port of call for desperate men
It is known by many names
We come and go but it remains
Nobody cares, nobody cries
if you're scared or if you die
That's the way it goes
You should know...

Germany
Supreme Cum Chugger

Re: IRPG: Partisan

Post by Germany » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:46 pm

Heh, I remember when the class was actually put in game but "unavailable". Would be neat to see fully done.

eggmoe

Post by eggmoe » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:56 am

I actually liked the idea of FF in CT, and like the idea of it in EOL. Doubt they'd make a good duel class, so they probably wouldn't be played right now due to the fact that EOL in it's current state is just duel zone.

Fuck it, I WILL play this class no matter the challenge.

Edit: Also I feel like they would use snipers, and I suck at sniping. might have to figure it out.

Reaper~

Post by Reaper~ » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:10 am

Isn't this very similar to the idea of the conscript class? Just rename/edit it, no fucker plays it right now anyway

Burnt
Zone Developers

Post by Burnt » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:23 pm

No one plays conscript because its terrain locked to the DS. conscript was intended as a training class anyways, and yes, I am overwriting it.
There is a place where the losers win
A port of call for desperate men
It is known by many names
We come and go but it remains
Nobody cares, nobody cries
if you're scared or if you die
That's the way it goes
You should know...